The sixth annual Kick CF with Jordan Gross â€“ Joes vs. Pros is a kickball tournament scheduled for Saturday, April 27, 2013, beginning at 3 p.m. at Providence High School. Gates open at 1:30 p.m.
Sponsored teams, the â€śJoesâ€ť, will participate in a double-elimination kickball tournament. The winning team of the tournament will take on an all-star celebrity team, the â€śProsâ€ť for the crown.
- Teams consist of a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 15
- Must be at least 8 years of age to participate in tournament
- Game to last six innings in regulation
- No Bouncy pitches
- Pitcher must stay behind the pitching mound until the ball is kicked
- No player may field forward of the pitcher (other than the catcher) until the ball is kicked and no player may advance forward the 1st-3rdÂ base diagonal until the ball is kicked.
- Catcher may not cross home plate until the ball is kicked.
- All kicks must be made by the foot or leg.
- All kicks must occur at or behind home plate
- Bunting is only allowed by children and female kickers
- Runners must stay within the base line
- Fielders must stay out of the base line
- Leading and stealing are not allowed – a runner may advance once the ball is kicked. Runner off his/her base when the ball is kicked is out
- Hitting a runners neck or head is prohibited
- Tag-ups are allowed – you may advance after a caught ball
- Players may only advance one base as a result of an infield error
- Foul balls do not count as strikes, however, four foul balls counts as an out
- Only players injured while traveling to a base may be substituted. There are no other allowable substitutions.
- Each team must consist of at least 3 female members.